Marks, Scarborough, North Yorkshire





My earliest memory of Marks is way back in the 1980s. Our family had driven up to Scarborough and were in need of sustenance before we arrived at our digs. We parked up near Marks as the sun was setting and had a car picnic. 




I went for a medium haddock, chips, mushy peas and scraps today. Service was swift and friendly. 

The haddock was fairly substantial for a medium and those scraps were literally shovelled on to the tray. I love scraps! 
The batter was very light and crisp and the haddock was tender and fresh tasting. This is what fish and chips at the seaside is all about. The chips were nice and chunky and went well with the earthy taste of mushy peas. 




A couple came over and asked which chip shop they should visit, Marks or Rennards. I said both were equally as good. 

I cleared the tray. I was well and truly stuffed. 

Marks also has a restaurant if you prefer to eat in. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Scraps: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5




Comments