Stourbridge Fish Bar, Stourbridge, West Midlands


It was one of those days where the sun was shining one minute, chucking it down with rain the next. This trip was an excuse to get on that Stourbridge shuttle train, if I’m to be perfectly honest. I got on board with a load of other people after looking for the station cat, and bounced my way along to Stourbridge. 


When I arrived there was no sign of Neds Atomic Dustbin. A woman asked me for a short cut to the bus station from the town. Seeing as I was walking along it I was confident in telling her where it was. “My husband tells me I always take the long way.”  


A five minute walk or so to the chip shop. I seemed to arrive at the same time students were having their lunch break. The potato scollops proved popular with other customers, someone ordered four!




No battered chips here from what I could see but some very good chips anyway. 

I had mini fish, chips and curry cooked to order. 
I sat at one of the tables outside. 

The cod had a light and bubbly batter on chunky flakes. The chips were crisp outside and fluffy inside. The curry sauce was the standard type. It all tasted clean and delicious and I had no trouble in eating the lot. 





Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 3
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 4




Comments