Market Plaice Fish and Chips, Market Harborough, Leicestershire

 


The Chip Fiends have tried a couple of other chippies in Market Harborough before. On this occasion however, I thought I would try Market Plaice, which is located in the indoor market.


My lunch was a small fish special at £7.80 with curry sauce as the side of choice. For £1 more you can add tea, bread and butter. There are cafe tables in the market, so I took a pew and in a few minutes my meal was brought to me.





The chips were very nice indeed. Piping hot. When I took a bite the evaporating vinegar took my breath away! 




The accompanying curry sauce was mixed thick and had quite a surprisingly strong peppery kick. 




The fish had crispy batter, but then… batter isn’t everything. It’s what’s inside that counts! How disappointing to discover the fish to be dry, desiccated and disproportionate to it’s batter casing.

Ratings out of 5:


Fish: 2

Chips: 4

Curry sauce: 3

Shop / service: 3

Over all: 3






Comments