The Camp Fish Shop, St. Albans, Hertfordshire






We had a great time in Hertfordshire, checking out various fish and chip shops. We’ll have to spend more time here because all the ones we visited on this trip were good. I’m sure there must be more. 



This chip shop caught my eye due to its magnificent signage. I took a walk from the town centre to a residential area to be greeted by some very friendly staff. 



The prices here are very different to Up North. This meal was just shy of £10.00. In Sheffield you’d probably pay half the price for the same nosh. It had better be good. Thankfully it was money well spent. 





I was advised by one of the staff to take a napkin because the curry sauce could get a bit messy. 





It was a generous sized tub of sauce and I could see through the lid that it was definitely a Chinese style curry sauce. 





The cod was perfect. Some succulent chunks in a very light batter. The chips were some of the best I’ve had and that curry sauce was thick and delicious. The tastiest curry sauce I’ve ever had, it clung to the dipped chips like no other. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5




Comments