Ramshill Fisheries, Scarborough, North Yorkshire



The best chip shops at the seaside, in my opinion, are away from the seafront, in residential areas. Ramshill Fisheries is about a fifteen minute walk from the railway station, out of town. I went at opening time on a Tuesday afternoon






The menu was full of mouth watering temptations. The Yorkshire fishcakes looked amazing! Today I was having a regular haddock and chips. They were cooking to order in beef dripping. Service was swift and I was soon on my way wondering whether or not I should have also ordered a pineapple fritter.







The chips were great. Chunky and crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. The batter was very light and crisp. The haddock was so fresh tasting, with delicious flakes that had that seaside flavour. There was no skin. I actually prefer skin-on with haddock but I couldn’t grumble with a meal as delicious as this. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5






Comments