Welford Chippy, Leicester (Part Two)




You may recall one of us went here a few years ago shortly before it had a massive fire that completely gutted the place. 




It’s been open again for sometime now, with a remarkably similar interior to before. 

I wasn’t particularly bothered about revisiting but the aroma from the shop has been rather enticing, so I succumbed.






I put my order in then took a seat; there are three tables here. The food was cooked to order and I was anticipating some decent chips because they were very busy taking phone orders and wrapping for takeaways. 

The chips were very good indeed, medium chunky and firm with that fluffy inner. The fish was let down by that famous Leicestershire sponge batter. I peeled it off and picked at the fish inside. The curry sauce was decent  as it was mixed thick. 


Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 3
Fish: 2
Shop and Service: 4

Over All: 3






Comments