The Best Chips are in Bestwood Fisheries, Bestwood, Nottingham



I know because I went one Saturday lunchtime. First impressions were good; it was busy with customers and there were a fair few staff buzzing around like busy bees behind the counter. 


I’d come for the mini fish special, of course. As is standard for a lunchtime meal. They were frying the larger fish to order but there were a couple of freshly fried smaller fish in the hotbox. They were more like a medium size, I’d say, so the food was very good value, at little over £5.00.




The person serving was very helpful, suggesting a box and the curry sauce to be potted to make it easier to carry. Plenty of salt and vinegar was added too. 

I lifted the lid off the box outside the shop and wow, look at those chips. Chunky, straight ages, piping hot, not dry… I bit into one and it was the perfect chip. Lightly crisp outside and fluffy inside and delicious. 




The batter was light and crisp on the flaky fish as one would expect from a good chip shop. The curry sauce was delicious. Bags of flavour like a Chinese  style curry. My only slight criticism is it could have been mixed a little thicker as I found it dribbling down my chin. Hey, that could be I’m just a messy eater.




Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5





Comments