FryMaster, Attercliffe, Sheffield



Winter hadn’t quite left us, so I wanted to visit a chippy with a restaurant. Eating fast food outdoors is something I’d rather do in the other seasons. 



FryMaster’s website helpfully tells us they are only a two minute walk from Attercliffe tram stop. I turned the wrong way, so it look me a little longer until a friendly cat pointed out my mistake. 




It seemed a very quiet corner of Steel City, with closed shops and pubs but when I stepped inside the restaurant half of Sheffield was in there! 
There was a ten minute wait for tables for those that hadn’t booked in advance. This gave me plenty of time to clock the food as it was carried to the tables. 

I knew what I wanted. Haddock. It seemed like ages since I’d had a skin-on haddock, so there was no contest. Haddock meal with a pot of tea for less than £9.00. We’ve often said Sheffield know how to do excellent fish and chips at such good value. 





The haddock was delicious, with an exceptionally light batter. The chips were medium cut in all shapes and lengths and were delicious. The peas were un-dyed and had a creamy taste. 
I’m not one for usually having bread with fish and chips but I made a chip butty for the hell of it. The pot of tea helped wash it all down. 

It’s worth noting that some of the diners had ramekins of scraps. If you like scraps, make sure you order some. 

FryMaster is open Monday to Saturday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5







Comments