Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove, Chester, Cheshire

 


One of the Chip Fiends had some very good fish and chips at Weston Grove. This is a chippy in a residential area not too far from the centre of Chester adjacent to a row of shops.


It was a Saturday lunch time. I placed my order then sat on one of the bar stools, as the kind member of staff said that they would bring the food over to me when it was ready. Fried to order - yes!





The ‘signature haddock’ was excellent. It was a delicate fillet rather than a chunky one, but the fish tasted fresh and slightly sweet. The batter was thin and light as air.




The chips were medium cut and a pale gold. They had a light crispness on the outside and had been salted for me just the way I like them to be.



The peas were delicious. I prefer them slightly runnier, but when they taste this good who is going to grumble?


I was so engrossed in my lunch, I wasn’t even distracted by the hungry orangutan swinging above.

Fish: 5Chips: 4Mushy peas: 5Shop / service: 5Over all: 5






Comments