Who Put the Cod in Codnor?


This was a bit of a nostalgic trip. I think the last time we had visited this chippy was about 15 years ago!

The chips were good then, and we have heard good things about the chippy since, so it was high time to pay another visit.


I ordered a mini cod special - what else in Codnor? - and opted for curry sauce as my side.The fish was fried to order to ensure its premium freshness and a short wait was very much welcomed by this Chip Fiend.Another customer came in to get some chips. When I saw them being scooped into his tray my eyes popped out! They looked so deliciously fresh and crisp. My mouth watered as I anticipated  my own lunchtime meal.It was soon ready. One of the lovely, friendly members of staff dished up the chips and curry, then asked if I wanted more curry on top of the fish, but I said no. Salt and vinegar were added, then I went out to sit on a bench across the road.The food was every bit as good as I had hoped.



The batter was crispy and thin. When I broke one end of the fish away, a chunky and succulent piece of cod slipped out of its crispy casing. The cod had been perfectly steamed inside the batter and had passed the slide test!



The chips were dainty, but had nice sharp edges and were piping hot.


The Chinese style curry sauce clung nicely to the chips and was suitably spicy. I resisted a very strong temptation to lick the tray at the end of my meal! Absolutely delicious.Ratings out of 5:Fish (cod): 5Chips: 5Curry sauce: 5Shop / service: 5

Over all: 5 

Comments