Smallfry, Scarborough




It was like going back in time. Everything was just how I remember it as it was the last time I came here. Which must be going on for twenty years ago. 




Such a friendly service, it was joy to step inside. I was told they cook to order, offered scraps plus asked if I wanted to add salt and vinegar before they placed the fish on top. Cash only here. 




The shop hasn’t changed and neither has the food. I knew what it was going to taste like before I put some skinless haddock and chips in my mouth. Medium thin cut chips from new potatoes. Soft and delicate with the bonus of a smattering of batter bits.

The shop has limited opening hours so plan in advance if you want to visit. The restaurant next door was closed on this day. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over All: 5

Comments