Priory Fish Bar, Stone, Staffordshire



Ordering here is easy. There’s a huge list of All Day Specials, fifteen to be exact. The fish special was number one, so I didn’t have to read the other fourteen.

Service was swift and surly. Surely the most abrupt and grumpy service I’ve ever encountered. Someone was having a bad day. 





I found a bench near the canal and enjoyed the tranquility of the boats on the water as I unwrapped the needlessly plastic bagged lunch. I thought we were supposed to be saving the planet.  






The food was very good indeed. Chips from new potatoes with a delicate bite, a fair sized filet of cod surrounded by a light and crisp batter, and a smooth, thick curry sauce. Just what you want. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and service: 1

Over all: 3






Comments