Waves, Lutterworth, Leicestershire



Clifford T Ward wasn’t here. I checked. 
A Wednesday lunchtime and lots of male customers in Hi-Vis. I felt at home as I was wearing similar attire, having cycled sixteen miles to fill my belly. 




Mini special it was (obviously) and a wait of five minutes. The shop was smart, modern looking and clean, the Henry Nuttall fryer gleaming. The staff service was super friendly, not just to me but to everyone. Someone had a chicken kebab meal for £7.00. How he could put all that food away at lunchtime I wouldn’t know. 






I asked for my mini cod, chips and curry sauce wrapped today as I’d noticed a nearby park with a plentiful amount of benches on the way here.

The fish was delicious. The batter was light in colour and crisp in texture. There were some nice firm flakes underneath. The chips were chunky, crisp outside and fluffy inside. The curry sauce was your standard chippy type but nice and thick. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 4
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 4

Comments