Know What You Are Eating!

 


The Chip Diaries set out to tour the "finest fish and chip shops in the UK" to bring readers reviews of good quality chip shops. Occasionally we post a poor review as a contrast to remind ourselves how we set our standards. Today we have a stinker.

One of the Chip Fiends ordered haddock and chips at this Islington establishment. What we were presented with were three triangle-shaped portions (similar to a fish nugget) that had clearly been sitting in the hot box for quite a while. I immediately had my suspicions that this wasn't going to be the haddock I had ordered... and I was right.


The fish portions were possibly three cuts of chewy cod that had gone fibrous and dry, encased in chewy, greasy batter. That's if it was fish! (The portions were more like rubber). The chips were also lukewarm and old. The one saving grace was a wedge of lemon, which I sucked to remove the taste of grease from my mouth.




It is very disappointing to find such shops that care little for the food that they dish up and who treat their customers like fools.