Cold Chips in Cosby



We’ve been to The Nook Fish Bar in Cosby before, way back in 2014. I think it’s under a different ownership now. I got here at 16:45 ready for it opening at 17:00. 

It seemed it was a good idea to arrive when I did; there was  already a queue forming. Within minutes several more people had joined behind me. 

On the previous visit the chips were fantastic. Not so this time. It seemed they had been cooked in advance of  the door opening. Well in advance. They were lukewarm. Within five minutes they were absolutely stone cold. I couldn’t eat them.





The haddock was delicious. A crunchy orange coloured batter came away to reveal some fabulous succulent white flakes. I ate the lot and chucked the chips away. 

If I ever go again I’ll be sure to arrive late so I get some freshly cooked chips. 







Comments

  1. Such a shame because they look like great chips! I'd have taken them home for a re-fry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment