Trent Fish Bar, Nottingham

 


I fancied some fish chips by the river for want of being by the sea. Off I went to Trent Fish Bar. I didn’t have to queue long but a bus driver in front of me was panicking that their break would be over before they’d got their chippy tea.


I carried my mini fish and chips with curry sauce (for £5.50) to the embankment.



The chips were pretty good. On the chunky side and a decent portion. The curry was the sweet variety. Just a bit too sweet for my tastes.



At first I thought the mini fish was haddock with its skin on but I reckoned later it was cod. It was quite big for a mini. 



Unfortunately it smelled and tasted quite fishy. Not like you would expect fresh fish to be. It’s batter was also quite thick and apart from a crispy peak on the top, it was damp inside. 





I left almost all most of the fish. A pigeon picked at a few flakes I’d dropped. At least someone was enjoying it.


Oh to be by the sea with the sound of seagulls overhead.

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 3
Fish (haddock): 1
Curry sauce: 2
Shop / service: 3

Over all: 2