Our Plaice, Hagley, Worcestershire



We’re always up for a recommendation from one of our readers, especially if it’s a chip shop as good as Our Plaice.


We had been reliably informed that we could get a train from Birmingham Snow Hill. It turned out it was a route we’re very familiar with, having already been to other chippies along this line. 






It was a Friday in December and lots of Christmas decorations were around including stencils on the window of this chippy. I arrived at lunchtime to a short queue. When I ordered I was handed a ticket and told I would have my number called when it was ready. 

It was difficult deciding whether or not to have the “proper mushy peas” or their own curry sauce. I tossed a coin in my mind and curry it was.

There is some handy bench seating outside so I sat down for a roadside picnic. I opened the boxed food to a mouth watering face full of steam. 



The batter was so light the cod was showing through, the chips were chunky and absolutely delicious. 
The curry sauce was sweet and spicy. Reminiscent of Irish curry sauce; it wasn’t particularly thick so I decided to pour it over the chips. It was very moreish. I think I made the right choice today. 

Everything tasted clean and fresh. 
I ate as much as I could, leaving only a few chips by the end. It was now time to nip a couple of doors away to the other place recommended. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 5
Shop and Service: 5

With thanks to Liquid Len

















Comments

Post a Comment