Duffield Fish and Chips, Derbyshire



This chippy in Duffield has new ownership. Everything has been completely refurbished and there is a brand spanking new range. (We visited the shop for this review in May 2021).

I went for the mini special with peas. There was the option to have peas poured over or in a pot which was good. I opted for the pot of course.

I found a bench nearby to sit and tuck in.



The small skinless cod was nice. It was waiting in the hot box but was pretty fresh as the shop hadn’t been open long. Pretty big for a mini. The batter on top was light and crispy but underneath it was damp and sticky so I peeled that away.





The chips were a medium chunky. I imagine they would have been nice when freshly cooked but these looked to be old. 





The peas were lovely. Homemade and with that lovely starchy taste we like.




Ratings out of 5:

Fish (cod): 3
Chips: 2
Mushy peas: 4
Shop / service: 4

Over all: 3