Brinklow Fish Bar, Brinklow, Warwickshire



Around twenty five years ago this chip shop was where The Chip Fiends tried their first mushy pea fritter. Unfortunately they are no longer on the menu, which is slightly disappointing but the fish and chips are very good.



It was nice weather so I made the decision to make a forty four mile round trip on bicycle via the Fosse Way and High Cross (the centre of Roman Britain). I found a bench to lock my bike to and strolled into the shop. 


They cook to order here, I’m pleased to report. I made my order and took a seat.  As the man serving was putting some scallops (potato fritters) in the hot box, another customer came in asked for a mini fish on its own “plus can I have one of those scallops to eat now?” He went and sat in his car to enjoy the hot scallop. 






Another member of staff served up my lunch and told me where there were some benches nearby. I thanked him and said I’d already locked my bike to one. 

Well the fish was very good. A lovely thin and crisp batter and succulent  white flakes.
The chips were medium thick and seasoned to perfection. The curry sauce was mixed thick with sultanas in it. I ate all the fish and as many chips as I could but I was mindful of a twenty two mile ride home. Next time I’ll have one of those scallops. 

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry: 4
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 4










Comments