Ball Haye Green Quality Fish and Chips, Leek, Staffordshire

 


You’d be forgiven for walking past this place and not noticing that it is a fish and chip shop, so well does it blend in with its row of terraced houses.


Ball Haye Green do a bargain mini cod meal at £3.00. Fish is fried to order so I let the staff know what I wanted then waited outside. Lots of other customers were turning up to collect food or place further orders on the doorstep.




I paid for my lunch with some loose change then found a spot on the Green to eat.

The cod was very nice indeed, having big flakes for a mini portion. The batter at the thicker end of the fillet was wet inside so I didn’t eat that.







The chips were cut rather chunky and tasted good and fresh.




The mushy peas were delicious and had a natural, pale colour to them.

A satisfying and very good value lunch.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish (mini cod): 3
Chips: 4
Mushy peas: 4
Shop / service: 4
VFM: 5
Over all: 4

Comments