Aylestone Fish Bar, Aylestone, Leicestershire



This place isn’t far from the Gas Museum on Aylestone Road. Presumably the display cabinets look empty but are labelled with different gases; helium, xenon, neon, hydrogen, etc...




There was no time for gas, I continued further along the road and stepped in. 
A misunderstanding when a cod and chips was misheard as “cob and chips”. Luckily another member of staff managed to translate my enunciations, so I didn’t end up with a chip butty. 

The food was cooked to order whilst I watched a repeat of Bargain Hunt on the wall TV and admired the hardware shop’s outside display next door.  




Now the eating. The fish could have done with another minute in the fryer. The flesh looked a bit grey and translucent. The chips were nice and chunky but were greasy and left a bad taste in the mouth. In fact I could still taste them two hours later.




Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 2
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 3




Comments