The In Plaice, Clifton, Nottingham



This is an unassuming chippy on Clifton housing estate. But don’t be fooled by the lack of bells and whistles.



The all-day fish special I had here was one of the best chippy lunches I had had in a long time. Piping hot, fresh and delicious!

It also cost all of £3.50. A bargain.

The In Plaice only seemed to have one member of staff working when I visited but he was doing a grand job. He also asked if I wanted salt and vinegar putting on the chips before placing the fish on top. 

Service was very quick so I didn’t take a long look at the menu. There was a mouth watering large fish in the hot box. A whopper. One that would be good to take home for tea. However, the special I ordered was ideal for a lunchtime treat - and probably as big as a ‘regular’ sized fish that you would get in other chippies.

I sat on a bench outside the shop to eat. The food was perfect. Thin, crisp batter around some pure white skinless cod.





The chips were delicious too. Reasonably chunky, fresh and hot. I photographed the longest one for posterity.





What a great meal. Definitely an in plaice for fish n chips. 
Make sure you have cash if you pay a visit (they don't take cards).

Ratings out of 5:

Fish (cod): 5
Chips: 5
Shop / service: 4
Value for money: 5
Over all: 5




Comments