Rock and Roe, Wellingborough, Northants




It was Mick Mars of Mötley Crüe’s birthday. I knew this because I looked at Rock and Roe’s website in the morning for their opening times and there is a feature on there that celebrates musicians birthdays. 

I put down my mirrored Kramer Telecaster* and jumped on a train. 


Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick was the door entry chime. I like that song but I wonder how how annoying that gets on a busy day, playing every time the door opens. 


This place opens at 8:30 for breakfasts. I wondered what time it’s acceptable to order fish and chips. It was 12:30 so I deemed this acceptable and ordered haddock and chips. 


Cooked to order then salt and vinegar added with a “be careful it’s hot, just out the fryer” warning from the person serving. 





The chips were very nice. All shapes and sizes, fresh as you like with no hint of grease. The fish was encased in a batter that was on the thick side. The ends were good and crunchy but the middle was was undercooked on the inside. The kind of batter that is best pulled away and not eaten. 

The fish was supposed to be haddock. It was served skinless and didn’t have much flavour, if I’m honest. 

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 4
Fish: 3
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 3

Hit me with that batter thick!
Chip me chip me chip me!

*I don’t own a Mick Mars Telecaster. I wish. 

Comments