Oh My Cod, Hamilton, Leicestershire



Oh My Cod! I said as I unwrapped the parcel of freshly cooked food. I’d ordered two small cod, one portion of chips and a tub of curry sauce. 

The one portion of chips was to share with my dining companion. If there was a third person here they would have had plenty too, such was the size of the pile. 


It was a rare car picnic on this occasion. Sat directly outside the shop, we observed it was quite busy for a Tuesday evening.




The chips were so hot I almost burnt my mouth. Hot chips seem to be a rarity these days. In fact hot chips are usually a distant memory of childhood. As are well seasoned chips. These chips were perfect in all aspects. Firm, straight edges, crispy outside and fluffy inside. I didn’t have to add any extra salt from my pocket shaker. 

The small cod was excellent too. Firm, white flakes and a thin crispy batter. 


The curry sauce was your standard type but was super thick and had loads of flavour. It clung on to the chips and didn’t drip as I shoved them in my gob.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 5
Shop and Service: 5




Comments