Burnham Chippy, Leicester



I could just about make out the chip shop at the top of the steep hill. It seemed a long climb and once I was at the summit I was in the shop no more than thirty seconds. The service was super fast. 


The fish here are humongous. I ordered a small one but that was massive. The large (or are they regular size) were like ones we got from Vinny’s at Ibstock a few years ago. I’d be tempted to return to order one of these some day. 




I went to Abbey Park and chose a spot by the river. 

They were new potatoes and the flavour was reminiscent of being at the seaside. After all, that is where one often eats chips made from new potatoes in the summer! They were soft and utterly delicious. 


The haddock had large flakes, the batter was thin and tasty. I ate every morsel then made my journey through a cloud of flying ants. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4


Comments