The Admiral, Crookes, Sheffield



This chip shop opened at 11am. I could have skipped breakfast and come straight here. The shop had menus in the window I could peruse before stepping in. I knew what I was going to get anyway. 


The lunchtime special; mini fish, chips, curry sauce and a rissole (fish cake). I’m not quite sure why some shops in Sheffield have to add another item to a “special”, the meal is plenty enough without a sausage or a rissole. The Admiral have another shop A Salt N Battered where they serve this same meal deal.

A very friendly service as the meal was constructed upon the tray. I had some change so decided to pay with that. A bucket was held aloft for me to drop the coins into. 


The skinless fish was very nice, the chips crisp outside and fluffy inside. The curry sauce was nice and thick. The rissole was standard. It was quite a big meal for lunch. Very satisfying. 


Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Curry Sauce: 4
Rissole: 3
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 4

Comments