Marine, Glenfield, Leicestershire



This was a pleasant surprise on an early Friday evening. I got there just as the doors opened and placed my order.




I had a chance to check out the menu. They sell stuff like black pudding, spam fritters, pineapple fritters and onion rings. For me tonight, I stuck with the essentials plus some curry sauce. 
After a few minutes a large haddock was placed into the hot box to drain off.

I went to a nearby park and found a spot to sit and eat. 




I couldn’t see the chips as they were scooped and wrapped but I was pretty gobsmacked when I opened the paper. They were definitely the thickest chips I’ve ever eaten. Cooked to perfection; crisp outside and fluffy inside. The batter was quite thick and crunchy but wasn’t stodgy. The haddock, flaky and delicious. 
The curry sauce was standard. 

Definitely a shop I want to return to. 







Ratings out of 5

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Curry Sauce: 3
Shop and Service: 4

Over all: 4




Comments