Ocean Chippy, Braunstone, Leicester



I’ve noticed there seem to be a few chip shops in this part of the city. I will have to try them all eventually.

I arrived as the gentleman behind the counter had just fried a fresh batch of chips. The shop was empty so I didn’t have to queue. He was cooking fish to order so I requested a small one. He sensibly asked me to stand outside whilst I waited.


The food was bagged and I went to the park nearby for a fish and chips picnic.
It was a gloriously sunny day.




The portion was huge. The fish (haddock) was more like a medium size and the chips could easily have fed two people. 


The batter was light and the fish was nice and flaky. The chips were medium thick and there were a few very long ones in there. They were a tad greasy so I added a bit more salt from my handy salt pot. 

It was all rather nice but I couldn’t finish the chips. I took the leftovers home to freeze and enjoy another day. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 4
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4




Comments