Scrapping in M&S



Not exactly but some folk might be fighting to get some of these crunchy batter bits, recently introduced by Marks and Spencer. 


They took some finding as there were two sections for chips in the store I was in. I was looking at frites and chips cooked in beef dripping. I continued wandering and finally spotted the tubs of scraps priced at £1.00. They were next to some battered fillets of cod and haddock and chips cooked in sunflower oil in the chilled section. 



I thought I may as well buy some chips and haddock too. Seemed fairly good value as it was enough for two meals and came to £8.00. 




I decided to soak some dried peas I’ve had in the cupboard for a while in preparation for dinner the following day. 

The scraps are very good. Tasty, crunchy, they’re the real deal. Just like chippy scraps. 

Not so good was the fish and the chips. Both were quite dry. Battered fish from the chilled section is never that good, in my opinion. 

Worth it? For a bit of a fun experiment, yes, but you’re better off going to a chip shop for some free scraps with some proper cooked fish and chips. 

Comments