Mother Hubbard’s Fishburger




We first noticed this new addition to the menu in June 2020. It sounded similar to something we’d had before at a burger restaurant in Nottingham. 


One of us made an order for collection and waited outside until the allotted time. Unpacking the food I noticed they’d included ample sachets of salt and vinegar. They’re not supplying forks but I’d taken my own for another al fresco picnic. 




The chips today were superb. The staff had informed me they were cooking a fresh batch as I entered the shop. They were a golden yellow colour with straight edges, floury on the inside and with no hint of grease. 




The burger looked pretty good. A portion of battered haddock with melted cheese and tartare  sauce on top served in a brioche bun. The tartare sauce had enough zing to it to balance the richness of the cheese. It was a smaller portion of chips than what I’ve usually had with fish from there but I was well and truly stuffed after eating. 

Ratings out of 5:

Shop and service: 5
Fish burger: 4
Chips: 5

Comments