Bucks2Chippy, Leicester. A Fantasy.




Timing is everything. It was 16:30 on a Friday. The shop had opened at 16 hundred hours. I ordered my food through a PPE screen. It was good to know the staff weren’t taking any chances. 

After I left I looked back and noticed quite a few people gathered in the shop. At least the staff were protected even if they weren’t bothered about how many customers were inside. 




I went to a nearby park to fill my belly. 
It looked OK but looks can be deceptive. The fish wasn’t cooked to order. It was one of three out of the hotbox. It had begun to get a bit chewy.


I started on the chips and after two or three it became evident that if I continued at this pace I would get hiccups and furthermore, indigestion.

There was very little taste. I looked closer to confirm if I was indeed chewing on fried potato or cardboard. 

A shadow fell upon my dinner, I thought it was going to rain but then came a voice, booming out of the sky above me.  “Hey, those are my toenail clippings! What are you doing with those? I was saving them up for a magic spell.”


I looked up to see the Ogre. “I’m very sorry sir, I purchased them from Bucks2Chippy on the midunderstanding they were chips.” I didn’t stay to ask him what the magic spell was, I placed what was left in his giant hand and watched him disappear with two strides. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 2
Ogres Toenails: 2
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 2




Comments