Huncote Fish Bar, Huncote, Leicestershire



I was expecting more. I’m sure I’d heard good things about this place. Unfortunately someone was mistaken. 


I admired the tiles on the wall whilst waiting to be served. Now, if someone asks what you want whilst they have their back to you and you are wearing a mask and talking through a Perspex screen, with the added noise of hot fat bubbling away how the hell are they going to hear a reply? Therefore I had to tell the chap three times what I wanted. Guess what I ordered. Fish and chips. In a fish and chip shop. 




What I didn’t want was soggy chips devoid of flavour. Well the flavour was more like greasy cardboard. The fish wasn’t much better either; floppy batter that had to be peeled away from some tasteless fish. I added some more salt from the trusty pocket salt pot but alas it was no good. Pass me the chewing gum to get the taste of grease out of my mouth. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 2
Chips: 2
Shop and service: 2

Comments