Braunstone Chippie, Braunstone, Leicester


Everyone was queuing, six feet apart. No one minded queuing because they were happy to be here. Happy to know that what they were about to receive was worth the wait. I was about the sixth in the queue. 


Only two persons were allowed inside the shop at once. I was in and out in a flash, small fish and chips for £5.00.

The chap behind the counter had asked if I wanted a large fish but this supposedly small one looked adequate to me. It was a Friday teatime and they were frying in anticipation of a lot of orders. 



I sat on the bench opposite and admired the golden chunky chips. The bite was satisfying with a floury inner. 

The haddock was very good also, the batter had a soft crunch and revealed some nice flaking with that fresh seaside flavour. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 4

Comments