Lobster and Chips (The Cods Scallops)



A little dickie bird told us that lobsters are very good at the moment. Now was the time of year to treat ourselves. Where better to look than the 'best chip shop of 2020' - The Cods Scallops? They serve lobster in a number of ways including baked in BBQ spice; baked with garlic, lemon and herbs; baked gluten free; and deep fried. As this Chip Fiend had never had a deep fried lobster before, we plumped for this option and pre-booked on the chip shop's website.



The Cods Scallops restaurants have now reopened. This chippy is using suitably-styled seaside windbreaks to separate the diners. I had a takeaway but peeked in through the window as I queued.


When I got home I unboxed my food... and wasn't it a pretty picture?


The lobster was absolutely delicious. 


The chips were mouth-watering.


Mayonnaise is the usual accompaniment to lobster, but I couldn't resist having some of the zingy homemade tartare sauce with my meal.





Very nice. I think I'll try a crab next time.



Comments