Milehouse Fish Bar, Stoke On Trent



The locals love it here. The shop was doing good trade on the Saturday lunchtime when one of the Chip Fiends visited.

“Fish, chips and curry sauce open, please” I requested.

“Large fish or small?”

The fish in the cabinet looked to be medium sized, so I wasn’t sure whether this was classed as small. I pointed to it and asked for “this one please.” It turned out to be a generous small.

The chips were scooped into a tray and the fish put on top. ‘Maybe the curry sauce is going into a pot?’ I thought.

Wrong.

“£3.80 please”

I didn’t bother asking again for the sauce.

The server must have heard me ask for it. After all they were standing three feet away and looking me straight in the eye as I ordered. Perhaps they couldn’t remember what I’d asked for thirty seconds previous to scooping the chips and fish into the tray?!

The food looked very good but the tray it was scooped into was on the small side. The fish fell off the chip mound before I had even lifted it off the counter. I walked 'round the corner to eat at the site of Milehouse Inn.


Chips and bits of fish fell out of the tray as I ate. A bigger tray was definitely needed.




The chips were fresh and tasty. Soft rather than crispy. A lovely golden yellow colour and on the chunky side.

The cod was good too. With a nice crisp batter.




When I got to the bottom of the chips I found a small bug that looked as though he’d met his end in the fryer. Apparently they’re full of protein. We will all be eating bugs in the future. Best get used to it now.




Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 4
Fish: 3
Shop / service: 2
Bonus: bug: 0

Over all: 3

Comments

  1. I don't know if you have tried it but Ashbank chippy is the best in Stoke by a good margin. You won't be disappointed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know. We will look out for it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment