The Veggie Chippy, Birmingham



I was in Brummagem to check out the 
Black Sabbath exhibition. I hadn’t planned on getting fish and chips, but sat in a pub in the Jewellery Quarter I spotted something on the nearby. The Veggie Chippy. I thought I may as well investigate. 

A short walk through a residential area and there it was. 





I spied a long battered rectangular shaped thing in the heated display. It was a Vish. I ordered Vish and chips. 

The Vish had a fibrous texture and tasted fishy. It looked as though the fake skin was nori. The batter was rather chewy, as were the chips. Some gentlemen at another table said they were trying the veggie Southern Fried chicken.


An interesting concept but something that was difficult to digest. 

Ratings out of 5:

Vish: 2
Chips: 2
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 3




Comments