Upperthorpe Fish Bar, Sheffield



The gentleman who served me here was full of the joys of life. Greeting customers with “my darling” and “my friend” it certainly made for a pleasant lunchtime visit.

Upperthorpe Fish Bar is one of those establishments that have signs up advertising ‘specials’ so you know exactly what price your order will be including fish, chips and sides.



This Chip Fiend ordered the £6 all-day special, although there is also a cheaper mini special for £4. The man serving asked me if I wanted salt and vinegar on the chips prior to the curry and fish. Jolly good.


There are a few tables plus bar stools at the window here, so I sat in to eat my cod, chips and curry sauce.




Very nice the food was too. The fresh tasting fish had a good, thin crisp batter. The soft, chipped new potatoes were cut in irregular shapes for that homemade look. The curry sauce was sweet and delicious. It mixed lovely with the vinegar.


After eating, I departed with a full belly and a “thank you sir” from the kindly staff member. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish (cod): 4
Chips: 4
Curry sauce: 4
Shop / service: 4
Over all: 4



Comments

  1. Vital missing information. Did the curry sauce have fruit (sultanas?) in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sultanas on this occasion. Sultanas used to be standard in curry sauce years ago; but less so these days.

      Delete

Post a Comment