The Rumbles Fish Bar, Trumpington, Cambridge

 

Whilst another Chip Fiend went to the opening of Eric’s in St Ives I went here. Luckily I made the right decision that day. 

Rumbles is in Trumpington (not to be confused with Trumpton) on the outskirts of Cambridge. 


I was going to get a takeaway but the gentleman behind the counter suggested I eat in. I took a seat and began to watch the film Garfield 2, which was being shown on a large flat screen TV. A few minutes later and a freshly fried cod, chips and mushy peas was brought to my table. 



The cod was perfect; skinless, flaky and in a super light crisp batter. The chips were medium thick and without a hint of grease. The mushy peas tasted like the tinned variety. Even dousing them in salt and vinegar couldn’t disguise the taste. I left the peas and continued enjoying the rest of the meal. 

Ratings out of 5

Fish: 5
Chips: 4
Mushy Peas: 1
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 4

Comments