Chipstop, Leicester



The service was faultless. I ordered small fish and chips but was told of a meal deal where I could also have a side and it would be less than £5.

As the fish was cooked the shop owner was happily chatting away about online shopping and smart phones; “You can use them to do anything”. Here I am typing this review on such a contraption. 


I commented on the mushy peas looking good, as they were undyed and the woman said they like everything they cook to be natural and fresh. I couldn’t agree more. 







The skinless fish was nice but it was somewhat marred by the soggy batter which had to be peeled away and discarded. 

The chips were medium cut and a little on the chewy side. They left a soapy taste in the mouth that made me want a strong mint to get rid of the flavour. The peas were very nice though. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 2
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 3 

Comments