The Rowditch Kitchen, Derby



The something something. Kitchen something. Sounds like a chip shop. 

There have been a couple of chip shops here, Chish and Fips and Chip Stop. So now it’s the turn of the something and something. The Rowditch Kitchen! 


I ordered Cod and Chips (open), which were cooked to order, which is a plus and something this chippy prides themselves on.


After a few minutes and some intrusive questions the meal was ready. Served on paper about to be wrapped. I requested them open. The bloke made his excuses, yet I’d seen them served in a box on the local newspaper website.  He put some salt and vinegar on the chips then put the fish on top without. Then made some weird parcel and closed it all up. Hmm. 


Moving some two feet away from the counter I unwrapped the food.  Maybe I like my fish and chips drenched in vinegar and covered in salt but these didn’t have much flavour. The batter was exceptional on the upside down fish. Cod served with skin on. Well, I asked for cod but seeing as the bloke wasn’t listening then who knows. 

The medium cut chips here are fried in beef dripping. 

After what I ate of the meal I looked for the bin to dispose of my litter. No bin until I walked down the street looking for someone’s private dustbin to dump the remaining chips into. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 2
Shop and service: 2

Over all: 2

Comments

  1. The guy who served you has left, and the owner (me) has now taken over. Please pop buy for a complementary meal and re review. I promise you won't be disappointed

    ReplyDelete