Cambridge Road Chippy, Stamford, Lincs




It was a fine and crisp winter afternoon when this Chip Fiend took a stroll out of Stamford to this chip shop on a housing estate out of town. 




Upon arrival I enquired if there were mini fish available. I was told I could have this as a lunchtime special of mini fish and chips. 
As the till rang I glanced upon the receipt; OAP SPECIAL. I must have aged somewhat since I last peeped at my reflection. 

I was served food that had been stood in the heated display. 
The staff added salt and vinegar before the fish was placed on top. A nice touch. 

Another customer arrived, somewhat a few years older than myself and asked for the OAP SPECIAL.



The chips were medium cut and lukewarm. In the crisp winter air these soon became cold. They were nice enough. The mini fish was a decent piece of flaky cod but was encased in some spongy, gelatinous floury batter. This was peeled away and discarded after a nibble to check the flavour. It tasted nice but I didn’t want to risk indigestion. 

Ratings out of 5:

Chips: 2
Fish: 2
Shop and service: 3

Over all: 2

Comments