Flakes, Mosley, Birmingham





The service here was faultless. The staff were very polite and attentive; engaging in conversation about the weekend and the folk festival in the park across the road. 

This Chip Fiend had mini fish, chips and mushy peas which, for the size of the portion, was a bargain at £4.10.



There are tables inside the shop but I chose to sit on a bench outside.

The fish was more of a medium size than a mini. There was a mini piece of fish taking a piggy back on the main portion, which seemed an ideal starter. 

The batter had a good flavour but was a tad soggy. The fish inside was very nice; succulent and flaky.




The chips were on the greasy side. I could feel my stomach starting to feel full after only eating a few, so decided to stop and scoff all the fish.



The mushy peas were incredibly sweet. Not something I enjoy. So sweet that they attracted a wasp who happily licked at the green slop. I didn’t mind, as I couldn’t eat them. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 2
Mushy peas: 2
Shop and service: 4

Over all: 3

Comments