Nemo’s, Leicester



Here’s an odd place. 
There used to be a fish and chip restaurant here before but it wasn’t that great, so we didn’t review it. 

One of the Chip Fiends approached the manual sliding door and stepped inside.
 
“Serve Chilled” stated a sign on the fridge. Maybe this was an instruction to the staff about the customers, as this was the coldest chip shop I’ve ever eaten in.  




Fish came in three sizes so I ordered medium. I took my seat in a booth that appeared to be constructed from planks of garden decking bolted together and waited for what seemed an eternity.  I observed the staff closing the sliding door with a long metal lever whenever customers incapable of closing it themselves walked in.


“MUSHY PEAS!” said the older man, over and over again until the younger man put the tub of peas in the microwave. 

Most of the meal had already been consumed before the peas were brought to the table. 




The fish and chips were decent enough, not so much the peas. I stepped outside for a brisk stroll to warm up. 

Chips: 4
Fish: 3
Shop and service: 1
Mushy peas: 1

Over all : 2

Comments