Village Fisheries, Dronfield


One of the Chip Fiends popped into Village Fisheries for a lunchtime snack. This is a large, clean chippy that faces Dronfield train station. 




I was served very quickly. There was quite a lot of fish waiting in the heated display. I ordered fish, chips and a pot of peas. The peas come in three sizes (small, medium and large). I went for small peas, along with a 'small' amount of chips with my fish. The portion size was plenty enough. The whole kaboodle came to £7.

The station gardens had a bench so I ate there.


The chunky, skinless cod had a nice crisp batter, but had started to go a little chewy in places. The chips had turned leathery. I don't know how the shop had managed to let them go like this after being open only 40 minutes. They were a good size: long and medium thick. They would've been lovely when fresh.





The peas had a nice taste but were very dark green and were more paste consistency than peas-in-sauce.




The shop's proximity to the station is handy for travelling folk, and the service is cheery.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish (cod): 3
Chips: 3
Mushy peas: 3
Shop / service: 3
Over all: 3


Comments