London Road Chippy, Hinckley




We’ve struggled to find a decent chippy in Hinckley, a few have been visited but they didn’t quite hit the mark. Until today. 

London Road Chippy stands just on the edge of town. Impressively spotlessly clean and modern, with plenty of space for queuing. Upon arrival I was immediately asked if I wanted fish, as they were cooking to order. I ordered the meal deal of mini fish, chips and mushy peas for £4.00. Super VFM.

The customer before me had ordered the regular cod. When the thick portions came out of the fryer my mouth started to water. 




Still, my mini fish was also rather super. It wasn’t a tiddler; it was just the right size for lunch. The service was very good, with the staff adding salt and vinegar to the chips before the fish and peas were added. I like a lot of salt and vinegar on a peas and chips mix, so I added more, then walked to a nearby park to eat them seated. 



The batter was light and crisp, the cod was firm and flakey. The chips were medium cut, crisp outside and floury inside. The chips were delicious, as were the mushy peas. 

Definitely a chippy we will be returning to, to try the large cod and the battered halloumi. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy peas: 4
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 5

Comments