Toton Fish Bar, Nottingham



After alighting public transport one of the Chip Fiends trekked through a rain-dashed Toton towards the local chip shop on Woodstock Road. A smart, modern, spotlessly clean little chippy. I ordered a lunchtime special of small haddock and chips for £3.50, with a 50p upgrade of added peas.

As I waited for my fish to fry I noticed the sign on the counter which impressed me greatly:

"Our fish is cooked fresh. Waiting time 5-7 minutes. Please bear with us while you wait, it will be worth the wait! Have a great day! Thanks for your patience."


As it was still drizzling outside I sat in a bus shelter to eat. The fish was good. Nice firm flakes that fell apart easily. The batter, however was disappointingly sponge bob square pants so I peeled it away and didn't eat any. 




The chips were good but I would've preferred a little more salt. (Customers have salt and vinegar added for them by the proprietor). The peas were nice, but rather garishly green.



uneaten spongy batter

I finished my lunch and trekked back through the rain...

Toton Fish Bar also sell cod, scampi, roe and fishcakes.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 3
Chips: 3
Peas: 3
Shop / service: 4
Over all: 3

Comments