Hook, Camden


Here’s a chippy for those that want to try something a little different to the usual.
Fancy some chorizo stuffed squid, fish tacos or jerk fish in Panko breadcrumbs? Hook have it.


I went for the Classic in Panko breadcrumbs with tartar sauce and seaweed salted chips. 
The place has a look to it a little like a BrewDog bar; check out those metal chairs and the Hook logo painted on the wall. The atmosphere was very relaxed, with some Acid Jazz being played on the speakers (if you like that sort of thing).




The food arrived presented in a small wooden crate, which I found a little difficult to eat out of. Cutlery held in more of a stabbing position, I persevered. The fish in Panko breadcrumbs was very nice, particularly with a good squeeze of lemon and the tartare sauce.

The chips had the skin on, so were like a cross between chips and wedges. They were good but I would have preferred a bit more seasoning on them. I dug my emergency salt pot out of my bag and added a little sprinkle. The bill came to around £17.00.


Fish: 4
Shop and service: 4
Chips: 2
Crate: 2

Over all: 3


Comments