City Centre Chippies




Do the best fish and chips come in villages? Are city centre chip shops more hit and miss?

We've found a lot of very good city fish and chip shops on our travels so far.

I personally enjoy being in that village chippy that opens at tea time with a big queue. Just knowing the place where the locals go week after week for a satisfying take away is confirmation you are somewhere good.





I visited a chip shop located near a railway station. I know I should have looked further as there are many other chip shops in the centre.

The fish and chips were good but not amazing. They just filled a hole.
The chips were starchy and greasy. There was a good piece of haddock in an adequate batter.
The fish was bizarrely served buried under the chips. There was far too much food in the box. Quantity over quality.

No ratings. No naming. Just an observation. I couldn't finish them.



Comments