Marina Fish Bar, Coventry, Warwickshire



How’s My Driving? Read the sign on the back of the Kelly Communications van that pulled out in front of me without indicating. The vehicle then parked in the middle of the road to chat to a colleague in another van. When I remonstrated with him he then accelerated on the wrong side of the road to turn right at a junction in front of me. How’s My Driving? I’ve let your boss know. 





For those that remember our review of Binley Mega Chippy, a customer stormed out of there because they had no mini fish in stock and declared that they would “go to Marina”. Some people say that Marina is better. It was my turn to go and see for myself.  After stopping off at Binley to check out the vloggers filming themselves.


About a ten minute ride from Binley (beware of those Kelly vans, though) and you’ll get to Marina. 




It’s a nice, clean, modern looking shop and was busy on the lunchtime I went. There were quite a few staff working so I only had to wait a couple of minutes to get served. 

Mini special with mushy peas for £5.90. 

The chippy is on a busy road junction, so there was nowhere to eat apart from the pannier rack on the bicycle I used as a table. 

The chips were delicious. Chunky and crisp outside. The batter was fantastic too, without any signs of sogginess. It was very tasty also. The mushy peas were creamy tasting and complemented the fish and chips perfectly. All the food was piping hot. It doesn’t get much better than this. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 4
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 4
Shop and Service: 5

Over All: 4

Comments