Yanni's Traditional Fish and Chips, Liverpool, Merseyside

 



There was a very friendly and attentive member of staff zipping around between tables, serving customers and swiftly cleaning up after they had finished. This was the standout memory of Yannis to me.



The food was pretty good too. If you fancy fish n chips and you’re near the main shopping bustle or Liverpool docks, Yannis is the ideal place to rest a while. There are tables inside. (It reminded me of Brenda’s in Sheffield).


I had small fish, chips and peas for just under a tenner. With this you get a juicy wedge of lemon and a sachet of tartare sauce. The server asks if you want a bottle of ketchup on your table too.

The fish was very nice. It had a delicate crispy batter, which meant the fillet consisted mostly of moist, tender fish.




The mushy peas came in a pot. Having just the right consistency, they stayed mushy to the end of my meal and didn’t go dry. As they tasted a tad sweet for my taste I gave them a splash of vinegar and salt.


The chips had a pleasing homemade look about them. Medium chunky and cut in irregular shapes. Like the peas, they were good with a liberal dose of salt.


All the food was piping hot so it warmed me up on a cold day.Ratings out of 5:Fish: 4Chips: 4Mushy peas: 4Shop / service: 4Over all: 4





Comments